Next to your home, your car is often the most expensive piece of property you own. As a result, it is important to seek the best value when buying your auto insurance.
To ensure that you have the proper protection, unlike those other cheap insurance quotes you see online, there are a number of ways that you can reduce the cost of your car insurance premiums without sacrificing the coverage that you need, including:
Choosing higher deductibles for collision and comprehensive car insurance coverage is an easy and cost-effective way to lower your auto insurance bill. In many cases, the premium savings realized by switching to a higher deductible may be enough to offset the cost difference of an increased deductible in just a few years.
- Multi-policy- By insuring your auto and home with us, you will receive a discount on your auto insurance premium as well as your homeowners insurance premium.
- Multi-car- If you insure two or more cars with us and they are owned and used by the individual and/or relatives living in the same house, you receive a discount.
Good drivers who have no accidents or violations receive the most competitive rates, but there are other factors that can reduce your auto insurance premiums even further, including:
- Driver training- If you have a young driver (under age 21) insured who has completed an accredited driver-training course, you will receive a premium discount.
- College student- Young, unmarried, full-time college students who spend most of the college term away from home without the use of an auto are eligible for a discount
- Age 55 & older- Cars driven primarily by an insured who is 55 and over receive a discount on the bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, personal injury protection, comprehensive and collision premiums.
- Accident prevention course (IL, NY, PA, TN & VA only)- If the principle operator is age 55, you may receive an additional discount in these states if you voluntarily and successfully complete an approved motor vehicle accident prevention course.
VEHICLE RELATED DISCOUNTS:
You can save even more money on your auto insurance by choosing a vehicle with the following safety equipment:
- Passive restraints- If your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed automatic seat belts or air bags, you will receive a discount on the medical payments or personal injury protection portion of your auto insurance premium.
- Anti-theft devices- You may receive a discount on the comprehensive portion of your auto insurance premium if your vehicle has active or passive anti-theft devices.
- Anti-lock brakes- Vehicles with factory-installed anti-lock brake systems on all four wheels are eligible for this discount that applies to the bodily injury and property damage coverage.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Safety Tips for the Road
Erie After Hours Claims:
Erie Glass (Auto Glass Only):
Erie Agero Roadside Assistance (not related to accident):